Header Ad

Header Ad
Latest News
Thursday 23 July 2015

There’s lot of work left on Jagga Jasoos’ – Ranbir Kapoor



Ranbir Kapoor’s last few films might not have worked on the silver screen, but that hasn’t dampened the spirit of this superstar. He is currently shooting for ‘Jagga Jasoos’ and will soon begin shooting for ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’.
In an interview to DNA, when asked Ranbir about the status of ‘Jagga Jasoos’, he reveals, “There is a lot of work left on ‘Jagga Jasoos’. It is a musical in spirit and by genre is a detective film. It is an adventure film like ‘Indiana Jones’ series. It has lot of different facets going for it and is a hard film to make.”
The film was slated to release in August this year, but has got postponed and will now release next year only. When quizzed about the delay, he quoted to the daily, “See, Anurag (Basu) is a mad man. He doesn’t work with a script. The whole story, stage, setting and location are him only. That said, he is a fascinating entity to work with.”
Interestingly, Ranbir has turned a producer with ‘Jagga Jasoos’ too. When probed about it he says, “I am not producing it, per se. See, today actors have started asking for a percentage from their films, so I have a 50 per cent stake as a producer fee. I would only produce films in a 50-50 partnership because if I as an actor am not making a film, then I should be having only that much incentive.”
He adds further, “I have enough money; I am not chasing films to make money. I just felt that since Anurag and I have a tuning, let’s go for making a film. So we have a base and infrastructure, but it is basically Anurag who runs the production. I am just an actor on the film and I am just lucky to be a producer on the film.”
Point taken Ranbir!

Resource: There’s lot of work left on Jagga Jasoos’ – Ranbir Kapoor
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: There’s lot of work left on Jagga Jasoos’ – Ranbir Kapoor Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown